Platfform For Change is the data controller for this website: https://platfformwellbeing.com
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- your name and email address when you use our contact form
- how you use our site – for example, which links you click on, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, details of which version of web browser you used, and information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
Our legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
Why we need it?
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use platfformwellbeing.com. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on platfformwellbeing.com
- how long you spend on each platfformwellbeing.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
Google collects the information detailed at https://policies.google.com/privacy
platfformwellbeing.com also collects data to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our contact form
- respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- provide you with information about our services
We use your name and email address if you have given them to us, to provide you with regular emails containing information about our organisation, services and upcoming events.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our web host and Google Inc. for the purposes mentioned above.
We will not:
- sell, rent or lease your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
We will use any name and email address details to provide you with a regular e-newsletter containing information about our organisation and upcoming events. We will never knowingly provide your details to any other organisation apart from:
- Hubspot, the organisation that we use to manage our customer relationships management (CRM) including our mailing list and contact form collection.
- Microsoft, who develop our IT software.
- Medesk, the organisation that we use to manage our counselling clients.
- Jotforms, the software we use to house our online forms.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Some of our services such as counselling are specifically for children, in these circumstances we follow the Age Appropriate Design Code – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/child-online-safety-data-protection-and-privacy
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
Your personal data may, throughout the course of its processing, be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
platfformwellbeing.com is committed to maintaining the security of your personal information. We are committed to reducing risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of our IT facilities. We make staff aware of security policies and train our employees to implement them. Our staff are obligated to sign written confidentiality agreements, attend regular training on information protection, and comply with company policies concerning protection of confidential information. We are Cyber Essentials Plus certified.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with secure all personal data that they process on our behalf.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact by the methods below.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also, they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Our Web Host
Links to other websites
platfformwellbeing.com contains links to other websites.
Following a link to platfformwellbeing.com from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact us if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
Telephone: 01792 763350
Head of IT and Compliance
Swansea SA6 8JG
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. For details visit the ICO website: ico.org.uk
Last updated: February 2023